Hello there.. ain't nothing to see here yet...
But if you insist on seeing something, take a look at
a few sites I've created over the years.. I'ld
coz there's more meat there...
myHobby is really my hobby.. and that's it for now.. I was planning
something bigger but didn't have to time to realize the vision.. mostly
coz I've co-founded another company (eTaipan) that looks to help develop
eBusiness in Asia.
This is sort a history of sites I've created
- '97 TextSwap - Textbook
site.. lots of neat features.. I'm also
giving away the source code.
- '97 Stuff2Sell - Classifieds
that obtained listings and categorized
them from newsgroups. Sort of defunct.
- '98 StockHq - Stock tracking
news site. Check out the TDFX
area. Also consolidates multiple stock related sites into one
navigation interface. Defunct - sort of..
- '98 CouponHq - Coupons online.
Also defunct. Too much legwork involved.
- '98 myHq - An online bookmark
No ads. Lots and lots of features..
- '99 eMason - Sort of an ASP for
websites. Didn't have too much time to add to the feature list though.
However, its multi-lingual.
Then I joined Scient.. the
eBusiness systems Innovator.. (ie eBusiness consulting) and was
- '99 CarStation - A B2B site
connecting car part dealers and the body/mechanic shops. Was only involved
as a developer here though.. probably the most narrow focus I've ever had.
- '00 Hotwire - A B2C site selling
products under an opaque model. (air tickets, hotels) A double-digit
million dollar project. I was responsible for the hotels portion. Pretty
cool.. did the technical architecture and some of the development but I
have to say I mostly spent time in or preparing for meetings w/ the
Then, around fall 2000, it was time.. I left Scient after a little
over a year....
and co-founded eTaipan and
together with a partner, was responsible for helping develop
- '00 EmergentAsia - A software consulting company based in the Phillipines
as well create
- '01 Dragonmine - A private contact network consisting of various high-level executives, entrepreneurs and government contacts allowing members to find possible points of co-operation.
- '01 Software Builds - An international software outsourcing company to help explore the possibility and methods of efficiently bringing multi-timezone work best practices into Asia.
- '01 Pacific VC - (to be launched) A focused contact set of funding resources in the asia-pacific.
in the meantime, I've had some free time, so I created another site.
- '01 BookHq - A book price comparison site that allows you to search multiple bookstores at once. (searchable by title, author, isbn)
- '01 eMason
- eMason now sells software (TextswapSS - textbook exchange software).
- '01 eMasonHosting - a web
Oh..so I recently found an old version of my
resume.. and thus the question
arises.. based upon my own resume, will I hire myself for my own ventures?
Home | About | Email me at jchoong @ emason.com